Saturday, November 29, 2008

Protecting vs. Guarding

Last night I learned something new. I'm always blessed by observing my friends and their husbands, whomever plans on trying to date me has very high standards to live up to!

In my most recent relationship I had been protected, but it was more of a machismo have-to-keep-and-maintain-what-is-mine kind of a protection, but last night, in a crowd of crazies I observed a love-based guarding from two men who did it because they are gentlemen and would do anything out of the love of their families and protecting the innocence and decency of women and children.

I'm not even sure that I can truly explain the difference in what I saw, especially because those that were there would probably not be viewing it the same, but it was a blessing to observe a protection that was based on love and just plain decency, and not on a frantic desire to maintain and protect something motivated by your own insecurities.

No comments: