Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lessons learned

"I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching." 2 Timothy 4:1-2

Have you ever found yourself in a position where someone asked you straight out what you believe and found yourself, for all your conviction and hearts knowledge, at a lack of words for how to describe what you believe. All I could hear in my head is the admonition to be ready in season and out of season, and I fear that I wasn't. Granted it is someone I love and adore, and who has heard what I believe from many people in many different ways, but never would I want what I believe to come across as anything but genuine hope and trust in God. Perhaps, prayerfully, it is that simple imperfection that will minister more than any eloquent words could, and draw me to my knees before God with a longing desire to never misrepresent what God has so faithfully done.

No comments: