Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Goodbye '08, Hello '09

It's a new year.

I spent the first couple days sick, so I haven't really reflected on what this year may hold in store.

I'm saying goodbye to 2008 which was a year filled with a lot of schooling and stress. But I learned a lot too. I learned that if I put my mind to it I really can achieve the goals I've set for myself. I've learned that God is still faithful and still on His throne. I've been reminded over and over how amazingly blessed I am with all my family and friends. We've had family members battling with cancer, but praise the Lord our family is still all together one more year. I've learned that big holes in your life will be filled with whatever you try to shove in it for a time, but lasting fulfillment can only be found in what God has planned. I've learned that I have no clue what that plan is, but that's okay, because sometimes the gift comes in the waiting.

In 2009, our family will be welcoming its first grandbaby, and I will become an aunt. I will graduate college, finally. :) I will be turning 30. Which oddly enough I haven't started freaking out about yet, we'll see as it gets closer. I have no clue if I will find love again, or date, or what kind of new friends I will meet. The year lays ahead of me with no set expectations. Quite frankly I kind of like it that way. I have no clue what lays ahead, but I know that God is in control. My prayer for the year is to draw closer to God, to learn more about Him, and to be blessed with the opportunity to spend more time with my family and friends. I also pray that God would give me direction in my career, in my schooling, and in my social life.

No comments: